“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
Coaching is a broad and expansive term that encompasses a wide range of applications, theories, approaches, disciplines, and client groups. The very notion of a coach will mean something different to each of us: to some, a coach conjures an immediate association with sports, while for others, a mental image of a mentor or supporter comes to mind, such as a family member or best friend.
As the name suggests, life coaches help their clients to live more successful, happy, and fulfilled lives, coaching on general well-being and/or specific issues that affect people’s ability to grow, prosper and flourish. From weight and body image concerns, to bullying, addictions, financial problems, confidence issues, managing life transitions such as divorce or retirement, or exploring stress management techniques, the life coaching relationship and tools can help people to identify a way forward and move towards a new life vision.
HOW DOES COACHING WORK?
The way you think profoundly influences the way you feel, so learning to think differently can enable you to feel and act differently. A coach helps strengthen certain patterns and brain connections, making it easier to create new habits.
LIFE COACHES HELP PEOPLE TO:
• Understand themselves better, including their triggers to negative emotion
• Identify positive and negative influences
• Build relationships with others
• Manage difficult situation and emotions
• Develop a positive, healthy self-image and identity
• Manage anxiety and stress
• Set and obtain goals
• Improve self-esteem and self-confidence
• Build resiliency and coping mechanisms
Life coaching builds skills and awareness, helping children and young people to understand themselves better, identify issues of concern or goals to reach, and develop methods for managing their emotions and improving their life situation. Although some life events and problems may be permanent or unchanging, such as parent’s divorcing, life coaching can help a child to change their response to the situation. The situation may remain the same, but the method for managing it becomes more appropriate and resourceful, thus improving the child’s social and emotional well-being and creating a more positive outlook and outcome.
AREAS OF IMPACT:
• Confidence, Self Worth & Self Esteem
• Loving Relationships That Work
• Career Change – Creating Workplaces That Work
• The Mastery of Balance – Juggling a Life
• Self – Care – Getting Your Own Needs Met
• Living Your Purpose
• Hot Buttons – Managing Anger, Upsets, Frustration and Stress
• Managing Grief, Loss, Sadness and Change
• Connection Parenting
• Self & Identity – Surviving the Oppressive Over-Culture
• Homesteading, Environmental Activism & Permaculture
• Artists – Creativity & Art
• Food, Nutrition, & Optimal Health